Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Poop

The last time I was this excited about Easter I still believed in the Easter Bunny. We have been out of the country for the past 3 Easters, and we were spending it with my family, which we haven't done in quite a while. Plus I have a wonderful baby to show off to my old friends.
I guess because of this I bought Gabriella 3 Easter outfits. Silly I know, but I couldn't help myself. The first I bought way back in February; it is the cutest polka dotted dress with a little sweater. As Easter got closer I realized that it was going to be too big, so of course I HAD to go out and find another dress. While shopping for the other new Easter dress, I saw the cutest sleep and play (which is the pajama looking thing with the feet in it - for my non-babyized readers). It had bunny feet and a cute little cotton tail AND it was on sale therefore it was a must have.
The night before we left I dressed Gabriella in Easter outfit number 2, the sleep and play, so that she would be ready to go for the 10 hour car ride. That next morning we got up, I fed her, then put her in her ExerSaucer to play while we finished packing up. The ExerSaucer is a toy that lets her stand up and has toys for her to play with. She loves it. I, on the other hand have a love/hate relationship with it because when she poops while playing in it - instead of the poop going down into the diaper, it defies gravity and goes up. Sometimes all the way up to her hair! Yeah, fun times for Mom.
One might ask, why then, do you continue to put her in this poop gravity defying device? Well, I would answer, one- she loves it, and two- the poop incidents aren't every time. No, it's a fun game of chance that Mommy gets to play. (and sadly some days it's the most exciting thing I've got going, but I digress.)
And wouldn't you know it, the day that Gabs is wearing her super cute Easter outfit number 2 and we're walking out the door . . . yep you guessed it, the ExerSaucer Poopy struck again!
So I quickly change her, and we hit the road. Easter outfit number 2 had been pooped all over.

Fast forward a couple of family fun-filled days, and Easter morning arrives. We were attending the church that I grew up in and would be seeing some of my old friends, so I naturally wanted my little doll to look like a little doll. Easter outfit number 3, a light blue dress with white polka dots and yellow buttons, was donned along with a headband with a big white flower on it. She looked Adorable. I snapped a few pics before we left the house and out the door we went.
We arrive at church, get her signed up for nursery and I let the nursery workers know that if they need anything just let me know. Well, as I expected, about half way through church, my lucky number gets flashed up on the screen. What I didn't expect was to walk into the nursery with my child completely naked, screaming at the top of her lungs. Apparently, she doesn't need the ExerSaucer to poop all over everything, including her socks. yeah, she's that good.
Being the wonderfully put together, ready for everything Mom that I am (HA!), I had a change of clothes for her, but Easter outfit number 3 had been pooped on!

#3 before the Poop!

1 comment:

Sena Baker said...

I am so glad you're back to blogging!! Wish we could've come up at Easter, but I guess I'll be seeing you in a few weeks. :) Can't wait! Gabs looked ADORABLE in Easter outfit #3 ... at least for a little while. :)